Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Dude—it’s been a long, long time.

I have started and stopped with trying to write a blog entry, but I always seem to run out of words before I complete my thoughts and end up posting nothing at all.  

It has been about six weeks since I started at the new bank.  I have been very consumed with getting into a new routine which has included lots of writing and planning.  I love the challenge of the work, but am quickly discovering that there is enough work for me to do it 24/7 and never be done.  Needless to say I have been perfecting the art of prioritizing and even prioritizing my prioritizing.   I am working with 2 individuals who have been rebuilding the bank’s marketing team over the last year, but they have been on fire patrol rather than trail building.  I have been able to clear a few trails, but there is a lot more to do.

Hope (seems weird to type that name again) is doing well.  When I went back to work, she started to have security issues and went back to having some of the sleep difficulties that she had when she first joined us.  The kiddo has been through a lot of change in her 34 months of life.  Hopefully she is starting to realize that change is the constant in our life.  We discontinued dance class when she started having the security issues, but in the time since then she has really shown signs that she is getting back to normal.  There was a little concern that she was having some sort of attachment issue, but as it turns out, it looks like she is age appropriate for her bonding age and therefore is about six months behind chronological age.  In all other areas, she is doing very well.   Early Childhood Development has really helped her grow and develop.  While she is still shy in class we have seen her little personality come out.

This year for Halloween she dressed up as a ladybug—the new area had some extra chances for hope to go out and dress in her costume including at the volunteer fire department’s event.   Our experience in the current section of the town has made us realize that we want to remain in this area when we begin our forever house search. 

Mom has had a few health concerns come up as we thought that she has had four sinus infections since we moved, but in a recent CT scan we found that there was no evidence of that many significant infections.   She currently has what presented as bronchitis, but it is something chronic instead of just an infection.   We will continue to let you know what we find out.  It is likely a stomach issue, but it could be an MS issue.

A couple of weeks ago my grandmother was blessed with the mercy of a peaceful death and an escape from rapidly progressing Alzheimer’s disease.   She was a great influence on me and even worked in the industry that I love so much.  Her memorial service will be on Monday. 

Our Holiday plans are starting to take shape, I am going to be off the Thursday and Friday of the week before Christmas,  so we will be hoping to visit in South Bend for at least a day in December. 

Well, I need to jump off and get ready for a video shoot in the morning.  Love ya all.

No comments:

Post a Comment