Monday, December 13, 2010

The Christmas Season has Begun

The stockings have been hung by the fireplace with care and the first candy canes of the season have been eaten with the first of three Christmas, but today I unwrapped my biggest gift of all for this year—my new company.  My contract extensions have ended with the bank and I am officially counted among the ranks of the underemployed.  I have chosen to create my third business.  In my past, I started my first business when I was just 18, so it only makes sense that in a time of change that I lean on my entrepreneurial instincts and couple them with my MBA and knowledge of social media & corporate marketing.  I will be actively pursuing long term employment while working my own business.
I am taking tomorrow off to spend time with my girls and hopefully relax a little before I jump into the job and client search!   When Hope joined our family, I was working a crazy amount of hours with the launch of a new website for the bank for the first two weeks and wasn’t able to give the attention to Hope that a new dad should. So, I am grateful for this chance to finally spend some quality time with the girls.  This holiday season will be a good one since it will be the first time that we have had a complete family, but it will be a little anxiety filled as I embark on the journey of building a client base and seek out a full time position.
This weekend in addition to Christmas at my mother-in-law’s, we also had Peanut’s 1st birthday where we were able to really connect with so much of Hope’s sister’s family.  We are so blessed to have such a great new extended family. We could not have guessed how amazingly we would be accepted into the K family.  Everyone has been so great and excited to see Hope and how she is doing in the one on one environment.   We truly feel like our family doesn’t fork, it multiplies.   Mom & I can’t wait to share our full family with Ladybug’s parents!   Everyone in our family is really excited to meet Ladybug’s family at Hope’s birthday party in January.
We knew that when Hope joined our family that we would be forever joined to Ladybug’s family- but we had no idea how great of a family we were joining.  So to all of the members of the family- Thank you!

1 comment:

  1. We feel the same about you! No need for thanks - ALL of us have been blessed by this 'joining' of families :) God's plan for our two families has truly amazed us - what an awesome blessing we get to share! We're SO looking forward to Hope's party and meeting your families.

    ReplyDelete